Find Camper Insurance at a great price by getting multiple quotes. Get started now by clicking the green button
- All Types of Cover
- Breakdown Assistance
- European Cover
- Instant Documentation
Getting the right insurance policy for your camper is of vital importance. Their are several types of policy that you can get - some will provide more protection than others so it’s down to you to decide what the biggest risks are and choose the appropriate level of insurance. The type of policy you get will largely depend on how you use your camper. For example if you like to travel outside the country then it’s necessary to get European cover so if you breakdown or get into accident you’ll be covered no matter where you are.
Every camper owner must have a minimum of third party insurance to be able to drive legally. This means that if you were involved in an accident, the third party would be covered if you are to blame. Whilst this type of cover allows you to drive legally it is recommended that you get a higher level of coverage if you want full peace of mind. Breakdown assistance is always necessary when you drive a camper so if you don’t already have it then you should request it with your policy.
The Benefits of Getting Camper Insurance Online
Below are some of the biggest benefits of getting camper insurance online –
- Save time & money - Getting camper insurance quotes online is by far the easiest way to go about things. Whilst you can call different insurance providers if you want, there’s no real benefit to this and it will take much longer to get quotes. Instead you can get quotes now by clicking the red button and simply filling out one form.
- Get highly tailored policies – Because the quotes are provided by camper insurance specialists, you can make your policy tailored to your exact needs. If you want to have options such as European cover and breakdown assistance included in your policy then this is not a problem.
- Expert advice - You can discuss anything related to camper insurance with an expert advisor too. They’ll be able to explain the different cover options to you in detail so you can make the most informed decision when taking out a policy.
- Simple claims procedure – Far too often insurance providers turn making a claim into a long, drawn out affair. This is not the case when you get a policy from one of the providers on the panel.
- Easy to set up policies - It’s very easy to get your policy set up. All you have to do is provide the necessary information and once you’ve chosen your preferred insurance provider you can then pay by credit/debit card or direct debit.
- Instant cover - As soon as you have paid for your first installment, your policy will be up and running and you’ll be provided with the documentation.
Factors That Affect Cost
There are several key factors that affect the cost of a camper insurance policy. These include –
- Age and Experience of The Driver - It’s no secret that drivers under the age of 25 will pay more for their insurance. This is simply because they’re more likely to be involved in a collision. As well as your age, your driving experience and claims history will also be taken into account when insurance providers are calculating the cost of your policy.
- Number of Named Drivers - The number of drivers you have named on your policy will also affect the price. This being the case, if you’re on a tight budget then it’s probably a good idea to keep the number of named drivers to a minimum.
- Value of the Camper - The value of your camper will of course affect the price of your policy as well. Insurance providers must take the risk of your camper being written off and needing to be replaced into account. Theft is also a risk where the value of your camper comes into play so its value is definitely a big factor.
- Type of Policy - Another factor that determines cost is the level of cover that you take out. It’s always important to strike a balance between the budget you have available and getting the best level of cover. Think about the risks you must want to protect against and get a policy that suits.
- Usage - How your use your camper will affect cost too. If you drive it extensively and do a lot of miles then this is going to increase the chance of you needing to make a claim.
Ways to Save Money
When you want to get a camper insurance policy, it’s always desirable to try and get the price down as much as you can. Below are some great ways that you can reduce the price of your camper insurance –
- Get a limited mileage policy - If you’re able to stay under a certain amount of miles each year then you might be eligible for a limited mileage policy. Limiting your miles reduces the chance of you making a claim and therefore they’re cheaper than regular camper policies.
- Make your camper secure - You should always take steps to make your camper as secure as possible to reduce the risk of theft. Installing an alarm and tracker are excellent ways to improve security.
- Pay annually - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly basis rather than each month then you stand to make a very good saving on the overall cost. Always be sure to push for the best price you can and you should certainly contact different insurance providers to see which one offers the best discount.
- Shop around - You should never take out a policy unless you’ve gotten quotes from other providers and know you’re getting a good deal. Getting multiple quotes is very quick and easy to do and could save you a lot of money.
Get Quotes Easily
Getting several quotes is one of the best ways to save money on camper insurance. It enables you to get a true idea of whether a price you’re quoted is reasonable or not. If you want to get multiple quotes from a panel of camper insurance specialists then simply click the green button below. Once you’ve provided a bit of information about your policy needs you’ll then have access to the quotes.